WWG Meeting - Guests welcome
July 18, 2017 –
Members Meeting- Guests Welcome
Members Meeting” where we share what we are doing, and some techniques that may generate some discussion.
Next week is a really special meeting for the guild. We are holding our July meeting in Reston, VA at the Nova Labs facility to have a joint meeting with the maker group members that work there.
Note - We will NOT be at the Goodwin House.
The meeting will include:
- Refreshments and pizza (something we cannot do at Goodwin House)
- Your president’s announcements
- An explanation of the maker movement
- A tour of the wood shop, metal shop, welding and blacksmith areas
- Demonstrations of the CNC machine, the laser cutter and the 3-D printer.
- Ron Novak will show and discuss the pie crust table that he is making
- Jay Christian will demonstrate and explain the use of Japanese hand planes, and he says that someone will go home with one of these prized planes.
- Show and Tell will be held, so bring and show us what you are doing in the shop.
Nova Labs is located at:
1916 Isaac Newton Square West Reston, VA 20190
For you techies, the coordinates to the front door: 38.954444, -77.338354
By Metro: 12 minute (0.6 mi) walk from the Wiehle-Reston East Station on the Silver Line. See the station page.
There is plenty of free parking. There is a long stretch of low buildings, and Nova Labs is at the end. Look for orange signage. Be aware of nasty speed bumps if you are driving.
Note that there is a toll for those that use the Dulles Toll Road, so be prepared for that.
I really hope that we see you there. It is going to be a lot of fun.
Jim McMichael, President
P/S. There is no Augusts meeting